• George Bush was a historic failure with the worst economic track record in modern history.
• His 2001 tax cuts for the ‘Job Creators’ that were passed amid big promises led to the worst job creation record since record keeping began. But it did deliver a staggering windfall to the richest 1%.
• Since JFK, Democratic Administrations created 42 million jobs, compared to the Republicans’ 24 million, even though the Democrats held office for less time.
• Over the past 50 years, Republicans presided over the largest decline in wages.
• A JP Morgan study found that the economy grows fastest when Democrats control the White House as well as Congress.
As of Friday, a $10,000 investment in the S.& P. stock market index would have grown to $11,733 if invested under Republican presidents only, although that would be $51,211 if we exclude Herbert Hoover’s presidency during the Great Depression. Invested under Democratic presidents only, $10,000 would have grown to $300,671 at a compound rate of 8.9 percent over nearly 40 years.